As part of the Get Ready Guilford Initiative, a system of Community Navigation has been developed to provide a universal continuum of support beginning prenatally and continuing into early childhood. Ready for School, Ready for Life is building a connected, innovative system of care for Guilford County’s youngest children and their families. The goal of this system of care is for every child born in Guilford, NC to enter kindergarten on track – ready for success in school and in life.
Community Navigation is designed with both a
- “Top down” approach of identifying, engaging, and aligning broad array community agencies supporting families with young children; and a
- “Bottom up” approach of engaging individual families, assessing need, and connecting to tailored services based on both need and preference.
The Durham Navigation Study is a randomized control trial to evaluate the impact of Community Navigation on outcomes for young children and their families. Community Navigation will be offered prenatally, plus annual assessments at 12-, 24-, and 36-months, and intermediate check-in calls at 6-, 18-, and 30-months. Outcome evaluation interviews will be conducted at birth, 15 months, 27 months, 39 months, 51 months and 63 months.
- Guilford Collaborative Toward Universal Reach and Impact During the Prenatal Period
- Integration of Family Connects and HealthySteps in Guilford County
- Family Connects for Get Ready Guilford Initiative