To examine how children’s experiences with household net worth poverty and income poverty influence their well-being as measured through cognitive and socio-emotional outcomes. The sample of children aged 0-18 and their household characteristics will be constructed from existing Prospective Study of Child Development-Child Development Study (PSID-CDS) data. Descriptive statistics and multivariate regression analyses will focus on the estimates of independent variables – net worth poverty and income poverty – on dependent variables of children’s outcomes for children by age clusters (0-5 years old, 6-11 and 12-18).
- Net Worth Poverty and Children's Development Project
- Net Worth Poverty and Child Development Research Brief
- Net Worth Poverty and Child Development Socius (September 2022) doi:10.1177/23780231221111672
Net Worth Poverty in Child Households by Race and Ethnicity, 1989–2019 Journal of Marriage and Family 83 (June 2021): 667–682
- Behind the Findings: Policies that Contribute to Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Net Worth Poverty
- Many Families With Children Experience a “Hidden” Source of Poverty