Jennifer Lansford's research focuses on the development of aggression and other behavior problems in youth, with an emphasis on how family and peer contexts contribute to or protect against these outcomes. She examines how experiences with parents (e.g., physical abuse, discipline, divorce) and peers (e.g., rejection, friendships) affect the development of children's behavior problems, how influence operates in adolescent peer groups, and how cultural contexts moderate links between parents' discipline strategies and children's behavior problems.
Her work at the Center includes the projects Childhood Risk Factors and Young Adult Competence, funded by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development; Intergenerational Transmission of Treatment Effects; and Optimizing Prevention of Costly Adult Outcomes.
- Youth Violence Prevention
- Peer Influence
- Ph.D. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor - 2000
- M.A. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor - 1997
- B.A. Duke University - 1995
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Lansford, JE; Ben Brik, A; Al Fara, H (2019) A Framework for Child Well-Being in the Gulf Countries Child Indicators Research, 12, 1971-1987, [doi], [abs]
- Rothenberg, WA; Di Giunta, L; Lansford, JE; Lunetti, C; Fiasconaro, I; Basili, E; Thartori, E; Favini, A; Pastorelli, C; Eisenberg, N; Amico, FD; Rosa, M; Cirimele, F (2019) Daily Associations between Emotions and Aggressive and Depressive Symptoms in Adolescence: The Mediating and Moderating Role of Emotion Dysregulation. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 48, 2207-2221, [doi], [abs]
- Rothenberg, WA; Lansford, JE; Al-Hassan, SM; Bacchini, D; Bornstein, MH; Chang, L; Deater-Deckard, K; Di Giunta, L; Dodge, KA; Malone, PS; Oburu, P; Pastorelli, C; Skinner, AT; Sorbring, E; Steinberg, L; Tapanya, S; Maria Uribe Tirado, L; Yotanyamaneewong, S; Peña Alampay, L (2019) Examining effects of parent warmth and control on internalizing behavior clusters from age 8 to 12 in 12 cultural groups in nine countries. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, and Allied Disciplines, [doi], [abs]
- Deater-Deckard, K; Godwin, J; Lansford, JE; Tirado, LMU; Yotanyamaneewong, S; Alampay, LP; Al-Hassan, SM; Bacchini, D; Bornstein, MH; Chang, L; Di Giunta, L; Dodge, KA; Oburu, P; Pastorelli, C; Skinner, AT; Sorbring, E; Steinberg, L; Tapanya, S (2019) Chaos, danger, and maternal parenting in families: Links with adolescent adjustment in low- and middle-income countries. Developmental Science, 22, e12855, [doi], [abs]
- Hanson, JL; Albert, WD; Skinner, AT; Shen, SH; Dodge, KA; Lansford, JE (2019) Resting state coupling between the amygdala and ventromedial prefrontal cortex is related to household income in childhood and indexes future psychological vulnerability to stress. Development and Psychopathology, 31, 1053-1066, [doi], [abs]