Leslie Babinski became the director of the Center for Child and Family Policy in July 2019. She is an associate research professor in the Sanford School of Public Policy and director of the School Research Partnership. She has worked at the Center since September 2008.
Babinski is principal investigator for two Institute for Education Sciences-funded grants. The goal of the first project, Developing Consultation and Collaboration Skills (DCCS): ESL and Classroom Teachers Working Together with Students and Families, is to design a new, innovative professional development program for ESL and classroom teachers to work collaboratively to develop skills in language and literacy instruction for Latino English learners.
The goal of the second project, A Neuroscience-based Health Curriculum to Promote Academic and Behavioral Success, is to design a new ninth grade healthful living class. This course incorporates information about the brain mechanisms behind health behaviors such as: sleep, stress, nutrition, exercise, interpersonal relationships, drug and alcohol use, and mental and emotional health.
- Program Evaluation
- Child Development
- Early Childhood
- Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley - 1993
- M.A. University of California at Berkeley - 1988
- B.S. University of Scranton - 1985
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Babinski, LM; Murray, DW; Wilson, WA; Kuhn, CM; Malone, PS (2018) Impact of a Neuroscience-Based Health Education Course on High School Students' Health Knowledge, Beliefs, and Behaviors. Journal of Adolescent Health, 63, 489-496, [doi], [abs]
- Babinski, LM; Amendum, SJ; Knotek, SE; Sánchez, M; Malone, P (2018) Improving Young English Learners’ Language and Literacy Skills Through Teacher Professional Development: A Randomized Controlled Trial American Educational Research Journal, 55, 117-143, [doi], [abs]
- Babinski, LM; Corra, AJ; Gifford, EJ (2016) Evaluation of a Public Awareness Campaign to Prevent High School Dropout. The Journal of Primary Prevention, 37, 361-375, [doi], [abs]
- Skinner, AT; Babinski, LM; Gifford, EJ (2014) Teachers’ expectations and self-efficacy for working with bullies and victims Psychology in the Schools, 51, 72-84, [doi], [abs]
- Gifford, E; Evans, Kelly, ; Babinski, Leslie, ; Foster, Audrey, (2011) Participant Perspectives of the School Readiness Planning Process