Jennifer Lansford's research focuses on the development of aggression and other behavior problems in youth, with an emphasis on how family and peer contexts contribute to or protect against these outcomes. She examines how experiences with parents (e.g., physical abuse, discipline, divorce) and peers (e.g., rejection, friendships) affect the development of children's behavior problems, how influence operates in adolescent peer groups, and how cultural contexts moderate links between parents' discipline strategies and children's behavior problems.
Her work at the Center includes the projects Childhood Risk Factors and Young Adult Competence, funded by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development; Intergenerational Transmission of Treatment Effects; and Optimizing Prevention of Costly Adult Outcomes.
- Youth Violence Prevention
- Peer Influence
- Ph.D. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor - 2000
- M.A. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor - 1997
- B.A. Duke University - 1995
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Saint-Eloi Cadely, H; Pittman, JF; Pettit, GS; Lansford, JE; Bates, JE; Dodge, KA; Holtzworth-Munroe, A (2020) Classes of Intimate Partner Violence From Late Adolescence to Young Adulthood. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 35, 4419-4443, [doi], [abs]
- Lansford, JE; Zietz, S; Putnick, DL; Deater-Deckard, K; Bradley, RH; Costa, M; Esposito, G; Bornstein, MH (2020) Men's and women's views on acceptability of husband-to-wife violence and use of corporal punishment with children in 21 low- and middle-income countries Child Abuse & Neglect, 108, [doi], [abs]
- Albert, WD; Hanson, JL; Skinner, AT; Dodge, KA; Steinberg, L; Deater-Deckard, K; Bornstein, MH; Lansford, JE (2020) Individual differences in executive function partially explain the socioeconomic gradient in middle-school academic achievement. Developmental Science, 23, e12937, [doi], [abs]
- Mastrangelo, M; Lansford, JE (2020) Barriers to No Hit Zone implementation Children and Youth Services Review, 116, [doi], [abs]
- Su, S; Pettit, GS; Lansford, JE; Dodge, KA; Bates, JE (2020) Children's competent social-problem solving across the preschool-to-school transition: Developmental changes and links with early parenting Social Development (Oxford, England), 29, 750-766, [doi], [abs]