Leslie Babinski is an assistant research professor in the Sanford School of Public Policy, an associate director of the Center for Child and Family Policy, director of the Child Policy Research Certificate program and co-director of the School Research Partnership. She also oversees undergraduate studies for the Center. She has worked at the Center since September 2008.
Babinski is principal investigator for two Institute for Education Sciences-funded grants. The goal of the first project, Developing Consultation and Collaboration Skills (DCCS): ESL and Classroom Teachers Working Together with Students and Families, is to design a new, innovative professional development program for ESL and classroom teachers to work collaboratively to develop skills in language and literacy instruction for Latino English learners.
The goal of the second project, A Neuroscience-based Health Curriculum to Promote Academic and Behavioral Success, is to design a new ninth grade healthful living class. This course incorporates information about the brain mechanisms behind health behaviors such as: sleep, stress, nutrition, exercise, interpersonal relationships, drug and alcohol use, and mental and emotional health.
- Program Evaluation
- Child Development
- Early Childhood
- Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley - 1993
- M.A. University of California at Berkeley - 1988
- B.S. University of Scranton - 1985
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Skinner, AT; Babinski, LM; Gifford, EJ (2014) TEACHERS’ EXPECTATIONS AND SELF-EFFICACY FOR WORKING WITH BULLIES AND VICTIMS Psychology in the Schools, 51, 72-84, [doi], [abs]
- Babinski, L.,Gifford, E.J. and Corra, A. (2011) Using a Media Content Analysis to Evaluate the Impact of a Public Awareness Campaign
- Babinski, L.,Corra, A. and Gifford, E.J. (2011) Analysis of the High School Dropout Issue in the Television News in 12 U.S. Cities
- Babinski, L.,Corra, A. and Owen, J. (2011) Evaluation of the Teacher Effectiveness Project of United Way Worldwide: Findings from the Project Director Interviews Fall 2010
- Babinski, L.,Stern, B.,Corra, A. and Gifford, E.J. (2011) America's Promise Alliance Evaluation: Featured Community Coordinator and Partnership Member Interviews: Summary Report