- The evaluation of a comprehensive family assessment process to improve child welfare outcomes in Alamance County, N.C. Funded by the Children's Bureau, this grant implemented a randomized controlled trial to evaluate the impact of motivational interviewing and coaching on child welfare outcomes.
- BECOMING, a SAMHSA-funded System of Care Child Mental Health Initiative serving transition-age youth (16-21) with mental health challenges in Durham, North Carolina.
- The evaluation of the East Durham Children’s Initiative, which seeks to transform outcomes for children who reside in a 120-block area east of downtown Durham, N.C. by developing a continuum of services and supports from birth through high school graduation and beyond.
- The evaluation of a system of care infrastructure grant awarded by the Children's Bureau to the North Carolina Division of Social Services. Implemented within Alamance, Bladen, and Mecklenburg counties, the evaluation examined whether an interagency System of Care (SOC) could achieve positive outcomes for children and families involved with child protective services.
Prior to coming to the Center, Liz was a post-doctoral fellow at the Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. During that time her research and training experiences involved both the Carolina Interdisciplinary Large-Scale Policy Research Training and the National Early Intervention Longitudinal Study.
- Program Evaluation
- Child Maltreatment
- Children's Mental Health
- Ph.D. University of Louisville - 2004
- B.A. University of Louisville - 1999
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Rosanbalm, KD; Snyder, EH; Lawrence, CN; Coleman, K; Frey, JJ; van den Ende, JB; Dodge, KA (2016) Child wellbeing assessment in child welfare: A review of four measures Children and Youth Services Review, 68, 1-16, [doi]
- Rosanbalm, KD; Snyder-Fickler, L; Lawrence, CN (2015) A comprehensive examination of child wellbeing assessment tools for child welfare
- Lawrence, C.N., Snyder, E., & Fischer, S. (2014) BECOMING Youth Progress Evaluation Report to Alliance Behavioral Healthcare
- Snyder, E., Lawrence, C.N., & Rosanbalm, M.K. (2014) East Durham Children's initiative: Year Three Evaluation Report
- Snyder, E.,& Lawrence, C.N. (2014) EDCI Community Assessment Report