Christina Christopoulos, a research scholar at the Center for Child and Family Policy, is trained as a developmental psychologist. Her current research interests are in the area of social-emotional development of young children. In the past, her work focused on evaluation of early childhood System of Care programs, child maltreatment, child welfare reform and prevention of conduct disorder. She has also served as a co-investigator in an ACF-funded review of the development of self-regulation and has contributed to a series of papers: (1) building an applied self-regulation model; (2) reviewing the impact of toxic stress on self-regulation; and (3) reviewing the evidence for self-regulation interventions from birth to young adulthood.
Christopoulos currently works at the Center on multiple ongoing research and evaluation projects:
- Incredible Years Dinosaur School, a randomized controlled trial of two Incredible Years interventions in North Carolina pre-K classrooms.
- Partnering for Excellence Project , a program focused on improving integration of mental health services and child welfare.
- Project LAUNCH, a multi-component program with main emphasis on the development of an integration model for behavioral and physical health for children birth through age 8.
- Alamance Alliance for Children and Families, a program focusing on the development of an early childhood System of Care for children diagnosed with social-emotional difficulties.
- Children's Mental Health
- Program Evaluation
- Child Maltreatment
- Child Development
- Ph.D. University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA - 1988
- Post-doctorate Duke University, Durham, NC - 1987
- M.A. University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA - 1984
- B.A. University of Athens, Athens, Greece - 1980
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Murray, D; Rosanbalm, KD; Christopoulos, C (2016) Self-regulation and toxic stress: Implications for programs and practice
- Murray, D; Rosanbalm, KD; Christopoulos, C (2016) A comprehensive review of self-regulation interventions from birth through young adulthood
- Murray, D; Rosanbalm, KD; Christopoulos, C (2016) Applied Model of Self-Regulation Development ,
- Murray, DW; Rosanbalm, KD; Christopoulos, C; Hamoudi, A (2015) Self-regulation and toxic stress: Foundations for understanding self-regulation from an applied developmental perspective
- Murray, D. W., Rosanbalm, K. D., & Christopoulos, C. (2015) Self-regulation and toxic stress: Implications for program and practice.