Daniel W Belsky
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine; Research Assistant Professor, SSRI; Faculty Fellow of the Center for Child and Family Policy
Dan Belsky is an assistant professor in the Department of Medicine at Duke University School of Medicine, a research assistant professor at the Social Science Research Institute and a faculty research scholar at the Duke University Population Research Institute.
Belsky works at the intersection of genetics, the social and behavioral sciences, and public health. His work brings together discoveries from the cutting edge of genome science and longitudinal data from population-based cohorts to identify mechanisms that cause accelerated health decline in older age. Belsky takes a life-span approach that encompasses research on cohorts of children, young and middle-aged adults, and older adults. His goal is is to understand why socioeconomically disadvantaged populations suffer increased morbidity in older age and earlier mortality and to devise strategies for intervention to mitigate these health inequalities.
- Ph.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - 2012
- Schaefer, JD; Caspi, A; Belsky, DW; Harrington, H; Houts, R; Horwood, LJ; Hussong, A; Ramrakha, S; Poulton, R; Moffitt, TE (2017) Enduring mental health: Prevalence and prediction. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 126, 212-224, [doi], [abs]
- Moskalev, A; Anisimov, V; Aliper, A; Artemov, A; Asadullah, K; Belsky, D; Baranova, A; de Grey, A; Dixit, VD; Debonneuil, E; Dobrovolskaya, E; Fedichev, P; Fedintsev, A; Fraifeld, V; Franceschi, C; Freer, R; Fülöp, T; Feige, J; Gems, D; Gladyshev, V; Gorbunova, V; Irincheeva, I; Jager, S; Jazwinski, SM; Kaeberlein, M; Kennedy, B; Khaltourina, D; Kovalchuk, I; Kovalchuk, O; Kozin, S; Kulminski, A; Lashmanova, E; Lezhnina, K; Liu, G-H; Longo, V; Mamoshina, P; Maslov, A; Pedro de Magalhaes, J et al. (2017) A review of the biomedical innovations for healthy longevity. Aging, 9, 7-25, [doi]
- Schaefer, JD; Caspi, A; Belsky, DW; Harrington, H; Houts, R; Israel, S; Levine, ME; Sugden, K; Williams, B; Poulton, R; Moffitt, TE (2016) Early-Life Intelligence Predicts Midlife Biological Age. Journals of Gerontology: Series B, 71, 968-977, [doi], [abs]
- Baldwin, JR; Arseneault, L; Odgers, C; Belsky, DW; Matthews, T; Ambler, A; Caspi, A; Moffitt, TE; Danese, A (2016) Childhood Bullying Victimization and Overweight in Young Adulthood: A Cohort Study. Psychosomatic Medicine, 78, 1094-1103, , [abs]
- Reuben, A; Moffitt, TE; Caspi, A; Belsky, DW; Harrington, H; Schroeder, F; Hogan, S; Ramrakha, S; Poulton, R; Danese, A (2016) Lest we forget: comparing retrospective and prospective assessments of adverse childhood experiences in the prediction of adult health. The Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines, 57, 1103-1112, [doi], [abs]